Dude told a story about the teacher who asked all the students in a class to write down the names of all of their classmates and the nicest thing about them. She (yaa alright only a woman would do stuff like that) compiled the lists from each kid and distributed all of their their respective feedbacks. All of them came back smiling next day to school (weird kids) and had a common feeling that they never thought they were appreciated by so many people around. So, a story with a bit of a lesson – a lesson taken well by the dude.
Dude – Why dont we try this in our project team ?
Me – You crazy, what do u expect ?
Dude – Well, I dont know, may be a bit of mutual appreciation and some fun activity doing this.
Me – You gonna end up with stuff that ll turn u crazy.
Dude – Like ?
Me – So, here is a sample of the overall feedback you gonna end of up with…
- TMs about Proj. Mgr – Great Guy, where does he sit anyways ?
- TMs about Leads – How did they manage to grow that far ?
- Leads about TMs – Fresh out of college stuff, remember how mature we used to be ? Some of them in my team are bright though.
- Leads about each other – Well, not all of us can be good at work so some of us have to be a**lickers.
- Proj. Mgr about the team – This is one of the best teams with most synergy that I have ever worked with.
Me – And if thats not enough you gonna spend the rest of your time in the project listening to people telling you time and time again how you were the one who came up with the brilliant idea of screwing up the little team spirit that we managed to pretend.
Dude – You know something, I just found a perfect job for you.
Me – And that would be ?
Dude – You could be a perfect Seperation HR.
Me – Never heard of a position like that before.
Dude – Custom made for you buddy. Who else could ensure sinking a running ship better.
Me – You know you suck, right?
Dude – Likewise.